Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Visiting Jopat Academy of Success in Ghana





This school is called Jopat Academy of Success. It is 2 years old and in its beginning stages of building. Josephine Agbenozan (Head Teacher and Owner) is building this school piece by piece. She started off last year with one classroom built and 10 kids. Now through donations and other supports has managed to erect two more buildings and enroll over 50 kids. Often she has to teach children month by month without pay due to economic issues with some of the parents not being able to afford it. Her heart goes out to these children and their families through her personal donations and gifts to the community there. I had a good time teaching a small writing lesson with her kids and listened to them sing songs and role play key family and community positions. Through my organization, Follow the Leader Foundation (FTL) and the University of San Diego, our aim is to continue to support schools and kids abroad from instructional methods and technology to financial support. Check out some of the cool videos her kids did for me.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work family...I must get my game up in terms of direct contact with the people of this world...we must build...

    I am happy to be in Ghana while you are here...

    peep my businesses blogs http://www.salonculturetoday.blogspot.com
    http://www.blackstartsports.blogspot.com
    http://www.betterlatethannever-bltn.blogspot.com

    I will be adding some new content this week!

    One world, one people, one love!

    Dontraneil on behalf of AFRISPORA.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Two new buildings and 50 students. Great work. I love how you connect with the students Francois!

    I'm with Afrispora. One world, one people, one love. Stay inspired. You have our support.

    ReplyDelete