Monday, July 20, 2009

Something Obama didn't do in Ghana!!






This week of Obama's arrival was a glorious one. Everyone here in Ghana was excited that the US President was coming to Ghana for his visit! From infants to Elders, the country was dancing and singing praises to Obama. Even i got a little excited from the Hysteria. Really though, i like Obama and what he stands for globally for all communities. But this summer i managed to run into Obama's Hellicopters traveling to Cape Coast while i was on the beach in Apam. My friends and I were watching Obama pass through on his way to Cape Coast Slave casltes. We were all excited. We even waved at him while we were on the beach in Apam. I just couldn't let it go though. I have been to Ghana 3 times and felt that i was the best guy here to give him a tour! Ha ha:) Aha! I thought, there is something that Obama hasn't done in Ghana. He has never slept at an original Slave Castle. I felt i could top him with this one and brave out the night along with my ancestors of the past. Yes i slept at Fort Patience Slave Castle in Apam! It was built by the Dutch in 1697. Now a resting home for visitors since the late 1700's. Well Obama, it looks like i got you on this one. Next summer maybe you can come stay with me in the slave castle here in Apam my new home! We won't need the secret service, the ancestors will protect us, so don't worry.
Peace and Blessings yall!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should send Obama an official invitation to sleep in the slave castles on his next visit to Ghana Francois! Glad you got spend to spend the night with your ancestors. CJ

    "Our greatest responsibility is to be good ancestors." - Jonas Salk

    ReplyDelete