Friday, June 19, 2009

The Slave Castles





What an experience!  Never before would i think the mere sight of a building would bring such erie feelings to my mind.  Tracing through the past of my ancestors being traded to the Spanish, Europeans and Early Americans i found solace in seeing their quarters in the slave castles of old.  Many of us could not speak for some moments as we imagined clearly the pains and fright that came with being abducted and separated from your family.  Brought into a dark and cold dungeon for the purposes of global labor commerce. 

2 comments:

  1. This is such vivid imagery of past atrocities Francois. I can understand the depth of your silence. Wow. What a heavy reality. Thanks for sharing.
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you CJ. I had a chance this past weekend to sleep in a slave castle while Obama was here. I will show on my next couple of blogs. See you later.

    ReplyDelete